3/6/11

Day 3 and 4

Day 3

It was raining most of the day.

Coach Farley and I went to the NCAA Hall of Champions, the Indy 500 race track, and the Indiana Indians AAA Stadium.

Sonya Hopkins, the athletic student advisor, dropped by for a quick chat about her work while I was at Coach Tyners office. She helps the athletes to perform in the classroom if they are struggling.

At the beginning of practice I was talking to the Bulldog players about the oppurtunity to play baseball in europe, after they finished going to College.



Coach Tyner took me out to eat at Champs restaurent (I had a blue cheese hamburger some good local beer) and later  to a music bar in Broad Ripple, where we got the chance to listen to a very talented musician called St.Claire.

The Butler Baseballteam took me from there to a few other Locations in Broad Ripple, and we had a lot of fun.

Took a cab and crashed on the couch at the house where some of the senior players live.

Day 4




Woke up feeling not so well. I had pancakes with syrup made by one of the Butler seniors. We where talking Baseball, School, Girls...

It was still raining outside when we left for practice. At practice I threw BP to the guys and that was fun.





Coach Farley showed me some more indoor sports facilities where kids have the chance to work on some of their baseball hitting skills, fielding, etc...

We picked up his daughter from a soccer game and I met a german guy who I was talking german to for a while...

went to bed real early...


Hopefully I ll get to see some games ...


Go Dawgs

No comments:

Post a Comment